At this time of the year most people tend to let loose, going to Christmas parties, beach BBQs and stuffing themselves silly with festive meals, so it’s fair to say that while we love the Christmas season, our unhealthy habits tend to overtake. And with work coming to and end, it means we’re busier than ever and keen to really let our hair down.
This year however, we want to challenge Australians to buck the silly habits in favour of some fun healthy habits, together with SodaStream.
With summer in full swing there’s nothing like a refreshing concoction to beat the heat and change things up from those bad habits, plus do yourself some good. We are crazy about stone fruit at the moment and found the most amazing juicy plums, so we decided to make a delicious infusion with a simple syrup mixed with freshly made sparkling water from our awesome SodaStream Power. This is a great alternative to a beer or wine, and definitely better for you.
What You’ll Need
- 8 plums, blended
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- SodaStream Sparkling Water
How You’ll Do It
- In a small saucepan, bring the plums, sugar, and 1 cup water to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool then strain through a fine-mesh sieve (simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks).
- Fill eight glasses with ice.
- To each, add 3 tablespoons syrup, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, then top up with some freshly made SodaStream Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with a slice of plum and enjoy!
Hint: To kick it up a notch add a shot of vodka to turn this into a true summer cocktail.
We are really loving our SodaStream Power. We use it daily and it takes seconds to transform ordinary tap water into sparkling water. On top of that its great for the environment and good for you. We could not love it enough. Its a must have home accessory and the perfect present for friends or family this Christmas.