In the last year, Sydney has seen an incredible influx of restaurants and cafes pop up on its iconic spot in Barangaroo! 12 Micron, one of the most recent places to the scene takes a new angle, offering its patrons a restaurant, lounge and dessert bar all in one.
The main menu is built to share divided into Earth, Air, Land and Ocean. So, to be able to try a little bit of everything we opted for 1 dish from each of the sections, to get a feel for what 12 Micron was offering. We started with the pump and juicy prawn buns. Each mouthful more delicious than the last, the delicious tortellini were like parcels of silky goodness.
The crosslands duck was the stand-out of the savouries. Served from the rotisserie, it came with potatoes cooked in duck fat, spinach and jus gras. Cooked perfectly, we even considered ordering a second serving!
But the piece des resistance was 12 Micron’s dessert section. We went for the 5 course tasting menu (in addition to the dishes above – because #fat), consisting of:
- the gin and tonic made up of Four Pillars Gin, lime, lemon, cucumber and juniper
- a fermented strawberry and white chocolate cheese cake
- roast white chocolate with banana, coffee, passionfruit and avocado
- Mandarine with salted caramel, Tonka Bean and chocolates
- and Rose with apple, yoghurt, strawberry and beetroot.
Each beautifully presented and totally decadent, each is an edible masterpiece, delicious and totally unique.
I would come again just to spend more time tasting the dessert bar menu.
100 Barangaroo Avenue,
Barangaroo, NSW 2000
2 Hungry Guys dined as a guest