With Summer fully raising her gorgeous sunny head the need for a refreshing sparkling beverage has never been more important. Which is why we are so excited to have received a fancy shmancy new SodaStream POWER.
Glistening, sleek and sexy this bad boy comes in either black or white matching any kitchen decor with its innovative contemporary design. The perfect bench top companion, I found I was using it more than my toaster or kettle. With heaps of different options from the SodaStream range, POWER allows you to make sparkling water from tap water at the touch of a button. No pushing down levers or shaking up bottles, this is a one touch wonder with 3 levels of carbonations ready in seconds.
The beauty of the SodaStream POWER is its simplicity. Pop the CO2 cartridge in, plug it in, fill the carbonating bottle with tap water, place in the snap lock system, choose from 3 levels of carbonation and your SodaStream POWER turns it into sparkling water in seconds. For me there’s nothing better than the pleasant tingle on your tongue from a cold sparkling beverage.
Making water super exciting, SodaStream also have a range of over 40 flavours to add to your bubbly brew. In celebration of this we wanted to share 2 of our favourite recipes for fun and fresh cocktails to enjoy this summer.
White Sangria Fizz
A fresh and fruity cocktail mix that’s the life of the party. Perfect for sunny gatherings by the pool, barbecues and all round parties
- 235ml SodaStream Ginger beer Flavoured Soda
- 145ml semi-dry or sweet white wine like Riesling
- 2 tablespoons chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 5 to 6 raspberries
- 1 or 2 orange slices, quartered
- Crush all the fruits in a glass to release flavours, add Ginger Beer mix and wine over ice
A much more sophisticated drop, this delicious cocktail is a timeless classic best enjoyed as a pre or post dinner drink.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) gin
- 35 ml fresh lemon juice
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- Sparkling water
- To garnish: anything from lemon or orange slices, a glace cherry, some basil or an olive
- To make the sugar syrup place the caster sugar into a small saucepan with half a cup of water over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a serving glass with ice cubes, add gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup.
- Stir to combine, top with sparkling water, garnish and serve.
SodaStream is the world’s largest manufacturer, distributor and marketer of Home Carbonation Systems. Sold in over 50,000 retail stores in 42 countries, there is ample opportunity to make this the perfect Christmas gift for that someone special (yourself included). On top of this all bottles are BPA free and go towards reducing our carbon footprint on our good green earth with 1 SodaStream bottle saving up to 2000 bottles going to landfill each year.
In CELEBRATION, we are giving one lucky reader the chance to win their very own SodaStream POWER. Simply visit our Instagram to enter. Our lucky winner has until the end of 23rd December 2015 to enter. For further terms and conditions, visit here.