The Entrance, located on the Central Coast has been a popular destination since the 1800’s for people wanting to “get away”. Known for it’s pristine beaches, relaxed atmosphere and internationally as “The Pelican Capital of Australia”. Here are out top 5 places to visit:
1. Pelican Feeding: the Central Coast’s most popular tourist attraction attracting tens of thousands of families. It started by accident 20 years ago when local fish and chip shop would throw away their scraps. Nowadays, you will get entertaining and educated commentary about the pelicans, bird and marine life and general information about the area. Be sure to wander down to the pelican pavilion on the foreshore for an experience you will treasure.
2. The Entrance Hotel: is regarded as one of the most beautiful hotels between Sydney and Newcastle since 1927 and has multiple dining and drinking options to suit your needs. Click here to read more about The Entrance Hotel and The Entrance Hotel Restaurant.
3. Heritage Walk: For visitors interested in the history of The Entrance, there is now a Heritage Walk. Signposted throughout the Town Centre, it’s a great way to see first hand how The Entrance has evolved over many years into the great tourist attraction it is today.
4. Surfing: The Entrance region beaches are considered some of the finest in the world. With golden sand and crisp clear ocean water, the beaches are a popular location for not only tourists and visitors but the locals as well.
5. Fishing: The Entrance is famous for it’s fishing in both the ocean beaches and Tuggerah Lake. Whether you fish for sport or for pleasure, there are many locations around The Entrance where you can drop a line in solitude or share the experience with friends and family.