Spice Pumpkin Pie Martini
There’s something special about Autumn. The way the days are still warm but the nights are just chilly enough to wrap yourself in a comfy blanket. It’s the season where comfort foods really do provide comfort. So in the spirit of the season and with the help of Bundaberg Spiced Rum, we’ve cooked up a fancy little cocktail number inspired by our all time favourite comfort food. Pumpkin Pie!
What You’ll Need
- 60ml Bundaberg Spiced Rum (60ml calls for 2 standard drinks)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp of caramel pumpkin pie syrup (recipe below)
- cinnamon sugar
- crushed shortbread biscuits
- ice cubes
Caramel Pumpkin Pie Syrup (makes enough for 8+ martinis):
• 1 cup caramel sauce
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
How You’ll do it
- First up, you’ll want to make your Caramel Pumpkin Spice Syrup by mixing the warm water with the pumpkin spice. Bring this to a simmer in a pan then mix in the caramel sauce, stir and let cool.
- Rim your glass with some of the caramel syrup then roll the rim in the biscuit crumbs.
- Next pour the Bundaberg Spiced rum and the rest of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it, oh shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture!
- Pour into a martini glass then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Pop a cinnamon stick in there for garnish and enjoy!
The Bundaberg Spiced is perfect for this as it brings its delightful spiced aromatics and flavours to the mix. This really is a fantastic cocktail, that’s great for entertaining or staying in with your favourite Netflix series.
This recipe was created in partnership with Bundaberg. Please remember to drink responsibly.