Le Creuset Lamb Shoulder Roast Recipe
While stockpiling for casa 2HG, we’ve been doing alot of online shopping recently. Focusing on our cookwear, one brand that we felt was synonymous with quality was Le Creuset and after some easy surfing on Everten we found the one we loved.
We settled on the Le Creuset Marseille Blue Signature Oval French Oven 29cm 4.7L which we thought would be perfect for a Winter Lamb Roast. The Oval cast iron casserole is large enough to roast a whole leg of lamb and narrow enough to leave extra space in the oven for the side dishes, which is why it’s perfect for our recipe. The new Signature Le Creuset features include an easy grip, enhanced tight-fitting lid, strengthened, easy-to-clean enamel interior, and a stylish, heat resistant stainless steel knob.
So with this, check out our Winter Lamb Recipe and cook your very own at home:
- 1 lamb shoulder on the bone
(about 1.3kg), trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 sprig rosemary
- 2L chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ bunch picked mint leaves
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, halved
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Place the lamb in a casserole dish with 2 garlic cloves, 1 sprig of rosemary. Make small slits in the lamb and stuff with small bits of garlic and rosmary.
- Pour over the chicken stock. Cover with foil (not with the lid) and roast for 3½ hours or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- After 2 hours, place the chopped vegetables in a roastig pan and season with salt, pepper, rosemary and toss with olive oil. Horozontally halve the garlic and sit both in the dish. Place in the oven.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 180°C. Remove the lamb from the oven and remove the cover and leave to rest in the stock. Remove the roasted veggies.
- Remove the lamb from the dish and place on a board to rest.
We serve this roasted delight with a gorgeously fresh watermelon and feta salad which helps cut the richness of the meat.
For the full range, check out Everten.com.au, an Australian family business and leading online kitchenware store stocking more than 8000 products with everything from Scanpan, Riedel, and Global, to Wusthof, Breville and Cuisinart.