Batlow Cider begins with handpicked apples from Batlow NSW that are freshly crushed to create their refreshingly crisp cider. And seeing as its currently super chilly in Sydney, we thought a Batlow Mulled Cider would do perfectly to keep you warm.
- 8 litres of Batlow Cloudy Cider
- 24 Cloves
- 24 Cardamon Pods
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Vanilla Pods
- 3oo ml mango Nectar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 120 ml Spiced Rum
Tasting Notes of Batlow Cloudy Cider: Traditional farmhouse style with a bold apple sweetness upfront, good body and a clean medium-sweet finish.
1. Pour the cider into the soup warmer and heat it through.
2. Add all the spices and fruit puree.
3. Get it to the boil and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
4. Taste test to ensure it tastes really good!
5. Ladle into mugs.
Did you know?
- Batlow is home to the landmark “Big Apple”.
- Every Batlow Apple is picked from within a 30km radius of the Batlow Post Office.
- Every Batlow Apple is photographed 30 times to grade and detect blemishes.
- Batlow Apples have been around since 1922 and have been making apple cider all the way back to the 1930s.
- There are 3½ Batlow Apples in every Bottle of Batlow Cider.