South of Terrigal, is the vibrant Avoca Beach. A major central coast holiday and surfing area stretching from The Entrance down to MacMasters Beach. It’s wooded hills, residential coastline, lakes and white-sandy beaches make Avoca Beach a relaxing getaway or popular holiday destination, especially for families due to their surf culture and relaxed, friendly ambience.
Here’s our top five things to do in Avoca Beach:
1. Surf: perfect for novice or experienced surfers. Or if that’s not your thing, check out Aqua Fun on Avoca Lake to explore the waterways by kayak or pedal boat.
2. Eat: If you’re in Avoca Beach, you can’t go past Bombini Restaurant. Situated on a leafy two acres, Bombini offers modern Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh produce selected from Australia and Italy.
3. Avoca Beach Theatre: Endeavouring to feature the best films available. The theatre was constructed in 1951 and for the past 60 years has been an iconic hub of entertainment.
4. Fisherman’s paradise: Avoca beach and it’s rocky headlands are ideal for fishing.
5. Explore the HMAS Adelaide Shipwreck: a former Australian warship that was deliberately sunk 1.8km off Avoca Beach and sitting 32 metres deep in water to create an artificial reef. Book a dive to visit.