McDonalds Create your Taste
Macca’s Run (Noun)
An ancient Australian ritual where the first person to get their provisional driver’s license is the designated driver for 12am visits to McDonalds with a group of young adults crowded in the back seat counting all their loose change.
We all pretend we hate it but we’re all lovin’ it in our hearts. What I’m also lovin’ at McDonalds is their new “Create Your Taste” and table service, rolled out in selected stores.
The new Create Your Taste machines act as self order machines as well as portals to glorious customised burgers where guests can build their own burger from a range of over 30 ingredients.
The screen, that can also be accessed from a lower height for children has a range of customisations available – you can even order your soft serve in a cup with a gazillion toppings (which we did accordingly).
The ordering process is split into 5 main steps:
1. Bun – you can choose bakery, brioche or even go for a lettuce wrap
2. Cheese – Colby Jack, Macca’s classic, Shaved Parmesan just to name a few
3. Taste – turn it up with an Angus patty (or two), crispy bacon, rasher bacon, egg, pineapple or even tortilla chips
4. Salad – fresh’n up your burger with some grilled onions, long pickles etc.
5. Sauce – Get saucy by mixing and matching a range of classic sauces
For the first order, we got double patty, pineapple, lettuce,bacon, tomato, beetroot, long pickles and a mix of aioli and the classic Big mac sauce. It goes without saying that the fries were hot and crispy – the way they should be.
I was genuinely surprised how delicious the first bite was combining the saucey goodness and juicy pineapple with the patty. The sourness from the beetroot, pickles and tomatoes were great for cutting through the savoury double patty and bacon. I can tell you I was happily munching away on this.
For the second order, we got single Angus patty, pineapple, bacon, tomato, long pickles, beetroot with addition of tortilla chips cause we’re not really that creative at making burgers. It was already hard enough steering away from adding every single option.
The taste was essentially the same, less meatier and with a great crunch provided by the tortilla chip. We couldn’t wait to go back for another burger on the weekend… and it was a friday… so neither should you!
Restaurant Manager Caitlin Heffernan of McDonald’s Milperra, says “Through new technology, customer service approaches and menu options, decisions about how McDonald’s will serve Australians in the future is being placed fully in the hands of customers.”
Overall, the novelty of the Create Your Taste is definitely innovative and great for those who just wanna get a bit fancy.
- The first McDonalds store opened in Yagoona, Sydney in 1971.
- There are over 930 McDonalds in Australia
- Over 90,000 people are employed, with McDonalds being the largest employer of youth in the country.
- YOU CAN NOW CUSTOMISE YOUR OWN BURGER
McDonalds Create your taste
343 Milperra Road,
Milperra, NSW 2214
Contributed by Katrina, who dined as a guest on behalf of 2 Hungry Guys